Dr. Mike Bagwell joined us in July to share a powerful and enriching message from Hebrews 11.
We had a special VBS this year:
* One of our youth taught a class (Go Spencer!)
* Ashton had awesome games and did a great job in her first time handling activities for VBS
* and most importantly… 8 kids began a new relationship with Jesus!
We hope you will come join us next year for VBS… this is how Second Baptist lives out the gospel of Jesus!
We had another great camp this year – we spent a week at the Ocoee River. Our theme was “ascend” – and we explored:
* the ideas of our minds ascending over the thinking of this culture we live in,
* our service in God’s Kingdom ascending as a thank offering,
* the mountains we each have to ascend in our growth
* the promise that one day we will ascend to the final expression of our salvation to be with our Lord
How do you have a snowball fight in April? Flour + socks + a lot of SPACE + some teens. The better question is why would you do such a thing? They called it Redneck Snowball. It looked like a lot fun… until a mob a crazy teens chased me all over the field. Inside…